Download a copy of our helpful reminders here. 2013 Parents’ Helpful Reminders
- Younger children – please ensure that your child has clothing & footwear which enable him/her to dress/undress him/herself independently for PE and swimming.
- Please, please, please name all items of clothing & plimsolls (labels available to purchase from www.easy2name.com )
- Indoor plimsolls should be maintained in good condition for safety reasons. We will send them home each holiday for checking.
- One pair of outdoor trainers/plimsolls is required for games lessons.
- PE drawstring bag to be left in school the whole week, taken home Friday for washing.
School water bottles are available from Jodi Carter-Davies at a cost of £2.50. Please ensure that they are taken home daily for cleaning and refilling. Bottles can be refilled at school during the day.
- For safety reasons, no jewellery (incl earrings and bracelets) is to be worn.
Girls wishing to have their ears pierced should have it done at the start of the summer holidays. This will enable the healing process to be complete, so that earrings may be left at home during the school day.
Food and drink in school
- All children receive a daily piece of fruit (KS2 funded by the PTA), therefore snacks are not required.
- Please adhere to our Food Policy (copy on the website) when providing a healthy packed lunch.
- Water is the only drink necessary at school – refill facilities are available.
- Parents may apply to purchase subsidised milk for all primary aged children at www.coolmilk.com
Monies for lunches can be paid online through the Squid system or by cheque/cash half termly at the office.
Medicines in School
- If your child is in the Foundation Stage please see the class teacher
Other year groups – please provide well labelled, single dose amounts for self administration and hand to a member of staff for storage and supervision.
Schools teach the mechanics and strategies of reading. The Government asks that parents play an important role by undertaking regular reading practice.
Help with learning
- We will publish a list of topics covered by each class in the monthly newsletters.
- Fronter is available for parents and pupils to access from home. https://fronter.com/nottsslp
Support and guidance notes for reading, writing and mathematics can be found on the school website.
After school clubs
- We provide a wide range of activities which your child can chose to attend – please ensure that your child is collected promptly afterwards from the library area.
If you want an older child to walk home unaccompanied by an adult, please send a letter giving your permission.
- Children who are in Years 2 to 6 will attend swimming for 2 terms during 2013-2014.
We are desperate for volunteer swimming observers. No skills required! Availability – Weds, 1.00 – 2.45pm, once every few weeks. Can you help? Please contact Mr Hillary.
- It is preferable to abide by guidance agreed in the Food Policy – if your child wishes to share a treat with their friends please provide small gifts.
- If cake is preferred, then it can be distributed at the end of the school day.
Occasionally children like to bring a holiday treat for their classmates – please no sweets!
- Please phone school (01949 860056) and leave a message if your child is ill.
Children should be kept at home until they have been clear of illness for 24hrs, 48hrs for sickness or diarrhea.