Free tickets for this year’s school production “Pirates of the Curry Bean” will be available from the office on 24th June. Performances are on the evenings of 10th and 11th July and are limited to 120 seats.
Children learning to play the drums with Adam gave a wonderful demonstration of their skills to an excited school assembly.
Thank you once again for taking part in this year’s Langar School Parent Questionnaire.
We are delighted that your responses reflect our successes and achievements over the last year!
Please find attached the summary of the 2013 results. It shows what parents say Langar School is doing well, and gives an indication of areas where we should focus our attention in the future.
The key findings this year are:
- Overall, parents say they are (to a very high percentage) happy with Langar School
- Improvement has again been made on already good results
- Perceptions of progress, and communication of progress, has become more consistent between key stages
- Perceptions of support given to children with additional learning needs, has remained stable. Parent’s understanding could improve further; they have a varying level of experience of this area depending on their own children’s needs.
- Overall awareness of school Governors and SENCO has decreased significantly. Again, parents who have not accessed additional support for their child will be unaware of the SENCO’s role (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator)
- Use of the school web site has decreased. A new, more interactive school website is now in the planning stage.
The presentation slides show the following:
Page 2: Overall summary of responses
Page 4: Response trends over the last few years of surveys
Page 5: Recap of issues raised last year (to enable progress to be tracked)
Page 6-9: Slides showing all response rates for all questions
Page 10: Areas parents indicate that they feel the school is doing well
Page 11: Areas parents say significantly improved from last year
Page 12: Areas parents would like us to focus for next year
Page 13-14: How results compared in the areas of focus identified last year (from page 5)
Page 15: Summary of parents general comments
As last year, we have only included the summary of findings. If any parents would like the full information pack, this is also available on request.
Please take a moment to read the findings attached and if you have any questions or would like a paper copy or the full information pack, please do not hesitate to contact Mr.Hillary or myself.